Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tayson's First Season of Soccer

We just wrapped up Tayson's first season of "First Touch" soccer. It was a blast!! Justin and I coached the team, and I think we had more fun than Tayson. Our team consited of 10, 3 year olds. We had 3 girls and 7 boys. They all seemed to love it and we had a great season!

The name of our team was the "Land O'Frost Lizards". We started practicing in August and practiced once or twice a week, and typically had one or two games a week. I am proud to say, we finished the season UNDEFEATED!! (not that it really matters at this age, but I thought it was neat anyways!)

Coaching and watching three years olds play soccer is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Some of them "understand" what is going on, while others...NOT SO MUCH! Tayson kind of went back and forth between the understanding, and NOT SO MUCH. Some practices and games he was really into it, and then like a light switch, it would change.

After our last game, we had a soccer party at Guido's Pizza in Springdale. Justin and I had trophies made for all of the players and I think they loved them. They were all so excited to have a trophey with their name and number on it.

All in all, we had a great season and can't wait until Spring!


Tristin practicing with us!




Tristin wanted to be on the team SO bad!














End of the season party






9 comments:

Shelley said...

LOVE it!! It looks like he had a great time. I was excited thinking Carter could play this spring because he will be 3, but then I found out we have to wait until fall. I love watching little ones play sports. They are so cute!!

Melissa said...

How cool! And y'all were the coaches? NEAT!

Hayden did 'First Touch' soccer in Fayetteville. They didn't have competitions between teams. It was just practice with a scrimmage at the end.

We went on Mondays and Saturdays. It was fun.

Hayden did well during warm up and doing the drills, but scrimmaging was not his thing. He could care less about the game and making a goal.

But he did look super cute in his outfit!!!

Plus, he really liked his coach. He was this college-age cool-looking kid named Max.

I think we will sign him up again for the Spring.

P.S. Hayden has playdates with Elizabeth Masterson (who is in Tayson's class). She mentioned Tayson yesterday. She told me he wasn't in class Tuesday. I thought it was cute. I told her that I know his mommy. I think she thought I was a little cooky!

Hemraj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Businka Raskazova said...

Join my blog
http://businka-raskazova.blogspot.de/

Unknown said...

Its so nice blog ! Thanks for sharong with me


Also click on these keywords :-- Burglar alarm systems | Home alarm | ADT Wireless Alarm Monitoring | Wireless Home Security |

Unknown said...

this site is for builders, owner builders and designers to help find a professional estimator from out estimating services business. Residential housing.Kindly visit on these keywords also:- estimating jobs | fast | gaurentee | houses | quotes | quoting software


Unknown said...

it looks like he had fun playing, i love kids they are so adorable when they play. when i saw your kid i remembered my little cousin. So CuTe!!!!