Friday, August 8, 2008

Vacation

Justin, Tayson and I just got back from vacation. We went to Orlando this year because we thought it was somewhere that Tayson would have fun too! We had a great time!! We didn't do the whole Disney thing this trip because I figured Tayson was still too young to enjoy it. We did go to Sea World and Gatorland though and he loved it!! We also went to Downtown Disney and Citywalk. We stayed at the Omni Resort and it was wonderful. They had great pools for kids and an awesome lazy river that you could just float around. Tayson loved it and probably would've been happy just hanging out there the whole time.

When we were at Sea World my camera got wet and bit the dust!! I have NO LUCK with cameras! So...we ended up just buying a couple of disposable ones for the remainder of the trip so that is why a lot of these pictures are horrible. I just figured they were better than no pictures!

Here are a few pictures of the hotel and some of the pools and things...



All ready to go to the pool...


"Come on guys, lets get in the lazy river!!!"


Playing on the splash pad (this was definitely one of his favorite places)!!




We had a blast at Sea World (even if it did rain the ENTIRE time)! Tayson loved the Shamu show and was amazed by all of the other sea creatures, as well. We will definitely have to go back when he gets a little bit older because I know he will love it even more!! Here are a few pictures from Sea World and the Shamu show!

We even purchased our own stuffed Shamu that looks just like this one!



These are pictures from Downtown Disney. We had so much fun going to all of the Disney stores!




These are just some other random pictures from our last night there! The weather in Florida definitely does not agree with my crazy hair!!

Tayson LOVED to run down the hall and push the elevator button!

Our crazy Kung Foo Panda kept trying to climb the palm trees!!




Tayson and Justin playing on the Harley at the Harley shop in the airport!!

We did so many fun things that I could probably go on and on forever but I will spare you guys your time!! We had a great time and can't wait to go back when Tayson is older and hit up Disney World!

16 comments:

Amber said...

I am glad you guys had a good time! I love the picture of you two in the hallway, it is so good. He is such a cutie :)

Jessica said...

I think it is so wonderful you take vacations just the three of you! What wonderful memories you are making for your son. : ) Orlando is such a fun place!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I love downtown disney...makes me want to go back!

Nicole said...

It looks like you guys had fun. Tayson is getting so big. We will have to get together since you are back from vacation.

Brittney said...

What a fun trip! Seaworld looks so neat--I love whales! We want to try to take Brooklynn to Disneyworld soon. She is at the age where she would REALLY enjoy it!

The Hickmans said...

What a doll! I'm so glad you all had such a good time- family vacations are the best!

Shelley said...

What a fun trip! Disney and Sea World are two of my favorite places. I an glad you had a great time.

Lauren said...

What a fun trip! We LOVE Orlando... So much to do!

"J" said...

Looks like yall had a BLAST! I love the pic of your hotel! Wow-Wee...it's HUGE!!!!! =)

Lazy Rivers are the BEST!!! =)

Melissa said...

How fun!.... it looks like yall had a wonderful vacation!...

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

What a fun trip! That hotel looks amazing! Ava loved Sea World this summer too---I bet she wouldn't mind if we went there every summer!

Goldsworthy Family said...

I have been so glued to the tube this week, I just now got to check out your vacation pictures. They are all adorable! Tayson looks so cute, and appears to be having a blast! I think we might do Florida next summer.

How was your trip to Tulsa? Hopefully we can catch each other next time!

RachelM said...

Looks like yall had so much fun!
My camera broke on our beach trip too! TYPICAL!

Suz said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! Looks like you had a fabulous vacation!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! : )

Brittney said...

She did go to FUMC in Springdale. I've heard a lot of really positive things about the program, but we didn't have a good experience. I'm pretty sure it was b/c we didn't know about Brooklynn having SPD and she just got VERY overwhelmed. The only complaint I had was that when we got there all the teachers would be standing around talking, and only one was actually trying to get the kids settled in. It made things pretty chaotic. Hopefully they have that more under control now!