Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Two and a half years!!

Tayson,

Today you are 2 1/2! I CAN NOT believe it has been that long! I still vividly remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you, and then the day I had you. Now...you are like a little man, repeating everything you hear. I just can't believe that 2 1/2 years could've gone by, so quickly. I love you more than words can express and am SO proud to be your mommy!!

Here is a quick run down of what you are up do...


*You are talking up a storm! You can pretty much say anything that you want! It has only been within the last month or so that you really started speaking in sentences. You are saying new things everyday and daddy and I just love to listen to what you come up with. Just last night, you were playing golf in our bedroom and I said, "hey sweetie, why don't we take your shoes off?" and you replied, "okay, sure...that'll be perfect!" You are just too cute!!

*You are wearing 2T-3T clothes, just depending on brand.

*You are still wearing a size 4 diaper...I guess this size is going to fit forever! You have gotten so big but you must have a petite little tush because these still fit perfectly!

*We are in the process of potty training and you are doing pretty good! You will go some days with no accidents and then other days...not so much! We are taking it pretty slow and just trying to get the hang of it!

*You LOVE to play outside! It doesn't matter if it is 100 degrees, you still throw a fit anytime we make you come in.

*You are just like your daddy and love to fish! You are obsessed with anything fishing or golf related. I have never seen a 2 year old cast a fishing pole or hit a golf ball like you can! I think you are definitely going to be a sports fanatic!!

*Your favorite show to watch is Handy Manny! You would watch this for hours, if we let you!

*Your new favorite thing is to take a shower...by yourself! You love to just stand in there and play with the soap and your water bottle. Mommy just stands outside the door and WAITS...and WAITS...for you to get done!

*You love your baby brother and have become very protective of him! If someone tries to hold him or talk to him, and you don't think they should, you are quick to let me know!

This is so bittersweet for me because I really want time to slow down, and for you to stay little forever but at the same time, I have LOVED every stage and how you learn so much more everyday and for that reason, I am so excited to see what lies ahead!!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Amber said...

I can't believe how big he is either! He is turning into such a great young boy...

You should be proud, he is a handsome boy.

Suz said...

I love what he said`about taking off his shoes! Precious!!!! Hope you're doing great!