Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!!

Trist,

I CAN.NOT.BELIEVE. that you are a year old today!! Where has the time gone? I honestly feel like this has been the fastest year of my life. You are such a blessing to Daddy, Tayson and I, and we cannot imagine our lives without you!! We have a big day planned for your first birthday and I think that Tayson is the most excited :) We are going to Rick's tomorrow morning for donuts (which I think you will love!) and then we are going to go to the park and play and tomorrow evening everyone is going to Chuck E. Cheese to help you celebrate! Your actually birthday party is next weekend, so I will have to do another post on that. We love you more than words can say, and hope that you have a great first birthday, Trister Bear!!

Here is what you are up to:

*Crawling everywhere!! You are also pulling up on everything. We think you will be walking very soon but you just haven't taken off yet! (That is perfectly fine with mommy!!)

*"Talk" all the time! The only words that we know you are saying for sure are: dada, mama (but only when you are tired or upset), hi and mmmmm (anytime you see food!). We think you are saying "kitty" but aren't 100% sure about that yet. It is so funny to me that both you and Tayson learned to say "kitty" so soon and we don't even have a cat! :)

*You are a tiny little thing! You only weigh 19 lbs 12 oz. I have been comparing pictures of you and Tayson and decided last night to pull out Tayson's baby book. At a year old, he weighed 26 lbs 3 oz. I was surprised that there was such a big difference between you guys!

*Wear size 3 diapers and just now are getting into your 12 month clothes.

*Hate to wear hats!

*Love your big brother like crazy!! You light up anytime he is around and are always trying to be involved in whatever he is doing. I think you guys are going to be best buds!! :)

*Love to dance! Everyone in our family laughs because anytime you hear the slightest sound of music, no matter where we are, or what we are doing, you start dancing. It is adorable!!

*Have 8 teeth!!

*Still breastfeeding but mostly only at night and maybe once or twice during the day.

*Very picky eater! This has been a new learning experience for mommy because Tayson was never really a picky eater. You refuse to eat baby food too!

*Love to take a bath!! I actually think that this is probably your favorite thing to do!

*Everyone calls you Trist! I actually wonder if you even know that your name is Tristin because no one calls you that. I love it that you have a nickname though and I think we will be calling you Trist for life :)

*Love to play with balls. We are so impressed because you actually have a very strong arm and know how to pick up the ball and throw it, very well!!

*You are becoming a very good sleeper! You don't really like going to bed every night but I think that is just because you would rather stay up and play with Tayson. Once you go to sleep though, you usually only wake up twice a night to eat and are back to sleep within 5 minutes!

I'm sure there are many things I am forgetting so I will have to come back and add those, as I think of them.


Happy 1st Birthday, Trist!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Tristin!!!

Hayden was and still is a picky eater... it's tough (and he also did not eat baby food). He likes what he likes though... and that has to be okay.

That is amazing how different they are size-wise! WOW!

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday Tristin! It doesn't seem like we had our boys a year ago! It sounds like our little guys are a lot alike! I hope he has a great day!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Tristin! Can't wait for your party next week :) Such a big boy!