Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, step-moms and moms to be! I hope you have a great Mother's Day!! A friend of mine sent me this little poem awhile back and I thought it was perfect for this special day!!

Before I was a Mom -
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom -
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom -
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

Before I was a Mom there were so many things I didn't know!! I knew that I loved kids but Tayson has taught me so much more! I have experienced a level of love that I never knew was possible!! Being a mom is, without a doubt, the best joy in the world!! There isn't a day that goes by that I would trade my position, as Tayson's mommy, for ANYTHING in this world!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love that poem. I feel that being a mom is the greatest job in the world. It is amazing how something so small can make such a big impact.

"J" said...

I hope you had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!!!! =)

Goldsworthy Family said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you too!! That is the most accurate poem I have ever read!

We actually live in South Tulsa, but I love shopping in the Midtown (Utica) area, and I take Jett to a book club every Tuesday at Pottery Barn Kids. I love it there!

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!! It is true that being a mom changes everything.

Amber said...

The lake is up alot so they had lots of swim area...It was fun to watch them. :)

Yeah Kaid is pumped that you guys are coming. I will email you in a bit b/c i need some info on some stuff!