Monday, December 31, 2007

2007

With this being the last day of the year, I thought it would be a good time to reflect on this past year. I really started 2007 off with a bang. On the 15th of January, Tayson was born! This has been the most wonderful thing I could've ever experienced. Everyday this year was just so exciting and new with him!!! Words can't explain the overwhelming love and bond that I feel for him.

On January 18th, Justin's grandma, June, passed away unexpectedly. We were very close to her and this was a very hard time for us. Just having had Tayson was the only thing that helped everyone through this tough time.

In March, Justin and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary!!! In May, Tayson and I went with my mom and sisters to Michigan to see my cousin graduate from college. This was Tayson's first big trip and we had a great time getting to see family that we really don't get to see often enough.

On July 1st, I celebrated my 24th birthday. While this wasn't a very exciting, Justin's 25th birthday was July 9th! I threw him a HUGE birthday and it was so much fun. I bought him 25 gifts for every year of his life...that was lots of fun!!!

On August 23rd, we lost Justin's grandpa to cancer. Having just lost his grandma in January, this was probably one of the hardest things we have been through together. We spent so much time with his grandparents that we were left with a void in our lives. This was definitely the worst part of 2007!

In September, my brother-in-law, Billy, went back to Iraq. He is in the US Marine Corp and this is his second tour of duty. While I hate it when he is gone, I love that my sister moves back home while he is gone. They are stationed in Twentynine Palms, CA so I don't get to see her all that often.

At the beginning of November, one of my best friends lost her sister. We grew up together and her family is like my family!

In December, my baby sister turned 16!

These experiences, both good and bad, were the big things that made up my life this year. I pray that 2008 can be filled with good health, wealth and happiness for everyone!!!

3 comments:

The Hickmans said...

P.S. I love the new background- very sleek.

Jessica said...

I love your blog! Your lil' family is just the cutest!

The Hickmans said...

Go to this website:
http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/

It is awesome and free!