Tuesday, April 15, 2008

All about Tayson!

This weekend was all about Tayson! Justin and I decided that it would be fun to just pamper him and make one whole weekend just for him (as if we don't do this everyday or every weekend :) )!! Saturday morning, we left early and drove to Little Rock. Tayson did really well in the car, which suprised me because he does not like to sit still for very long!! We stopped about every hour or so, to let him get out and walk around (or maybe it was because my husband has a bladder the size of a pea??)

Anyways, when we finally made it to Little Rock we went out to lunch and then headed over to the Wonder Place. Tayson was in love!! He didn't quite know what to do with himself. He explored every room, every toy! He just couldn't believe that there was so much fun stuff in one location for him to play with. We stayed there for about two hours until he started getting tired. Then, we went downtown and checked into our hotel and it was nap time! Tayson went right to sleep and slept for two and a half hours. YES, you did just hear me say that!! That boy has never slept that long with me, in all of our 15 months together! My mom and dad like to imagine that he sleeps about an hour and a half or so at their house during the day, but I'm not too sure about that because I am lucky to get a 30 minute nap out of him! He was sooo tired. I just kept watching him, checking to make sure he was breathing, because this was totally unlike him.

When he finally woke up, we all got ready and went to Target and then out to dinner. We had such a good time just relaxing and getting to spend time together. There is something wonderful about being in another town, where you don't know everyone, and just hanging out!!

Sunday morning we woke up, ate breakfast and headed to the zoo. Yes, it was a little bit chilly, but not nearly as cold as it was in Fayetteville! Tayson loved looking at all of the animals (or kitties as he called them)!! He was so good at the zoo!! His favorite part was when we bought some food for the catfish and he got to throw it in the water and watch them all swarm around. He thought that was so funny!! After the zoo, we went to lunch and then headed back home! When we got home, we all took a two hour nap and then we had to go to Grand and PaPa's house for dinner, because they hadn't seen "Bud Man" (as PaPa calls him) since Friday!!

Tayson had such a great time and it was so fun just to watch him explore and take everything in! On another note, Tayson is 15 months old today so HAPPY 15 Month Birthday Tayson!!

I promise, pictures are coming soon, we got a new camera (finally)!!

13 comments:

The Hickmans said...

What a fun weekend! I can't wait to see pics!

The Hickmans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hickmans said...

Thank you so much for your advice on my finicky-eater post. I am definately going to try the Gerber veggie/fruit juices! The only thing he's had to drink is milk and water, so it will be interesting to see how he likes juice. He is not a very big drinker, either. He doesn't drink very much at all. I worry so much about him being unhealthy, underweight, etc. I just need to lighten up!

Jessica said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. What is Wonder Place? I've never heard of it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the wonder place!! It is such a blast! For future reference...if we do ever run into each other out, I will come talk to you!!!

Brittney said...

That sounds like such a fun weekend! I've heard of Wonderplace, but never been there. Can't wait to see pictures! I want to take Brooklynn to the zoo, but David has had something going for the past 6 Saturdays!

CAMoore said...

Mandy,

What a great weekend you all had. The Wonder Place and the Zoo all in one weekend!! I'm sure Tayson loved every minute of it.
Can't wait to see pics!!

RachelM said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I love when we just have family time, too!
Can't wait to see some pictures! I'm having withdrawals from Tayson!

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

I agree that it's good to get away. I want to take Jancie to the zoo in the next few weeks.

"J" said...

PIctures...HELLO! Come on with the camera!!! =)

Sounds like a FUN FUN FUN weekend!!!

I'm ready to tak a trip to the zoo! I'm sure we will be doing that when Lil Miss "H" gets here for the summer! Woo-Who!! =) I love the zoo...I could take pics there all day long!

Robyn Beele said...

Sounds like you had a great getaway!

Goldsworthy Family said...

It is so nice to go somewhere else for a change where you have nothing to do except have a great time! Good for you all! I feel your pain on the napping issue. Jett has NEVER been a sleeper and still doesn't sleep through the night. I can't wait to see pics!

Jessica said...

I LOVE that he calls all the animals kitties!! Ahhh! So sweet!