Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had such a great weekend!! I think the weather played a HUGE part! Wasn't it soooo nice to be able to go outside and not get wet? We kicked off our weekend by going to Herman's Friday night. I LOVE Herman's and that is the perfect start to a weekend, for me!!

Saturday morning Tayson and I skipped Gymboree because Tayson had been sick this past week and I didn't want him to catch anything else or give what he had to all of his little friends! So, instead we went to the new Gordmans in Rogers to check that out! We got Tayson some really cute t-shirts that say "Ladies Man" and "Lock up your daughters". I also got him a little pair of crocs. I wasn't too sure how he would do in these, but he seems to like them! After that, we met daddy and Uncle Justin at Chilis for lunch! Later that afternoon, Justin stayed home with Tayson while I ran to Wal-Mart!! Oh my goodness....that was the first time I had been to Wal-Mart alone since, I can't remember when!! I know it was just Wal-Mart, but I felt like a new woman. I took my time, going up and down each aisle!! Saturday night we went to my mom and dad's house for a little Final Four get together. We had some awesome baby back ribs, baked beans, salad, macaroni and cheese, bread and brownies.

Sunday Justin had a tournament so Tayson and I went to Lowes and Home Depot and got some flowers and planted them! He was such a big helper!! We got his Little Tykes shovel and rake and he helped me with the dirt! I love to put my hanging baskets up and fill up the planters on the deck. There is nothing better than walking through the house and being able to see bright flowers outside the window!! I LOVE SPRING!

I know this post is a little bit boring with no pictures but I currently do not have a camera!! Tayson accidentally dropped my camera on the floor and now it doesn't work! I called Bedfords about getting it fixed and they said it would probably be about $200.00 so I don't really see the point in that. I am just going to get a new camera this week! Do any of you have advise on what is the best camera? My mom and sister both have the same camera and they love it! It takes really good pictures so I am going to look at that one, but I would love any other suggestions!

I hope everyone has a great week!! This is a great week for us because Uncle Billy comes home Wednesday. For those of you that don't know, Billy is my brother-in-law who is a Marine. He has been in Iraq (for his 2nd deployment) since September. He and my sister are stationed in Twenty-nine Palms, CA. Taylor (my sister) just moved back to Cali about 3 weeks ago to get ready for him to come home. So...he is in Kuwait now and should be in Twenty-nine Palms at about 2:00 Wednesday. Tayson and I made a huge sign for the welcome home. There is a chain length fence about a mile long on the base and they bring all of the guys in on a bus and drive slowly down this mile long straight stretch to let them read their welcome home signs. We got lime green fabric and painted in brown "Welcome Home Uncle Billy" Love, Tayson!!! Billy's mom and dad are taking it out with them and Taylor is going to hang it up for us!! I can't wait for him to get here, it is so scary to have a loved one at war!! Fortunately, this is his last deployment and a year from now he will be out of the Marines!! I can't wait for them to move home! I'm sure I will post again Wednesday when he is actually there!!

Have a good week!!!

12 comments:

The Hickmans said...

Your last paragraph made me cry. I so respect those in the military and what they are doing for our country. I am so glad he's coming back home!

CAMoore said...

Yeah for Tayson's Uncle Billy coming home! That is so wonderful!

Weekend was great, wasn't it? Hope you get a new camera soon...Tayson pictures are so cute! I have a Nikon S1. Its great and all, but a little big and in the way when you want to put it in a purse. We got it at Wal Mart when we could have bought it was Bedfords for $200 more! Nikons are great!

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend! Drew goes to Gymboree and LOVES it! My husband was deployed to Iraq for a year(06/07)... He got medically discharged (injured in Iraq... nothing huge; but enough to get him sent home) so we got to come home early! Glad your Brother-In-Law is on his way home. That is such a wonderful feeling!

Nicole said...

I have a new casio. I love it. I had a Nikon and before that a Sony. My new camera is so much easier, plus it is 12megapixs.

I love seeing pictures of the little man. I can't wait till we have one of our own.

Goldsworthy Family said...

I am so glad that the weather is getting nicer! I hate being cooped up inside. I can't wait to see pictures of Tayson when you get a new camera. I have a digital Canon Rebel and love it!

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

I just saw your comment on my blog and I would love to do some things for you--just let me know when you're ready!

Brittney said...

I love our military, and that's so great that he's making it back safely!

I went to Gordman's on Friday and I LOVE it! They have the most adorable baby/toddler stuff. All their clothes in Brooklynn's size look like little teenager outfits! :) I found lots of amazing deals, but I only ended up buying books for Brooklynn!

Lauren said...

Drew goes to the Level 6 Gymboree class on Wednesday's! Seriously, we cannot even drive in the direction of Gymboree w/o a minor meltdown! He is obsessed with the place! They do have open gym throughout the week... I thought about taking him sometime just to let him play!

"J" said...

I love the t-shirts you found "T"! CUTE!!!

I would FLIP without a camera!!! I fell a few weeks back and busted ours up but it still works...woo-who!!! =)

"J" said...

PS - Welcome home Billy!!! =) Thank you for what you do for us!!!

(((HUGS)))

RachelM said...

Herman's is so yummy! I haven't been to the new Gordman's yet but it sounds like I need to go!
I'm so excited for your family on your BIL's return! I know that yall are so happy he is coming home! Can't wait to see pics!