Monday, April 21, 2008

Birthday, Race for the Cure, Golf and Bachelortte Party!

As I'm sure you can tell from the title, it was a pretty busy weekend! We started off the weekend by heading to Harrison Friday night for my great-grandma's 95th birthday! She is such an amazing woman. She still lives by herself, drives, rakes her leaves, etc. The leaf raking is really a big thing to her. She does this EVERY day!! She is so afraid that the neighbors will be embarrased by her lawn if there are leaves in it!! All of her children were able to come down for her birthday party, I think she had a great time!! We were even able to sneak in another 5 generation picture! We went and ate at De Vito's (one of the only resturants in Harrison). Tayson had a great time getting into everything and he even made a friend at the table next to us. The little boy was a few years older than him, but Tayson loved following him around and trying to hug him. Here are a few pics from the night...





Saturday morning I got up, bright and early, and did the Race for the Cure. You are just going to have to take my word for it because my brain wasn't functioning that early and I forgot to take any pictures!! The original plan was for me to take Tayson with me and push him in his stroller. However, because it was so cold that morning, I decided to let him stay at home and sleep! The Race was great!! It really didn't take us as long as we thought it would. I can't wait to do it again next year! This is one organization that is really near and dear to my heart. My mom and grandma were both diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2007 so I don't think I could find a more appropriate organization to "give back" to!! Side note: Oprah has really inspired me to give back!! I have always volunteered with the American Diabetes Association but I think I really need to do more!

Saturday afternoon, Justin, Tayson, Kitty and I met Ryan and Amber at the golf course so the guys could play! Amber, Tayson, Kitty and I just hung out in the cart and played!! Tayson had a blast playing with his plastic clubs, the sand, just whatever! I am hoping that I have a little Tiger on my hands!! (You will have to excuse Tayson's crazy outfit...I wasn't really aware that the wind was blowing so hard so we ended up putting together things from my car to keep him warm enough! It was actually great because I was able to prove to Justin that there really is a need for all of that "crap", as he calls it, in my car!!)







Saturday night, Amber and I went to Lynn's bachelorette party!! Lynn and Matt are getting married next Saturday! We all met at Jose's on Dickson Street to eat and then the other girls went out after that! Amber and I went home. It was already like 11:00 PM and while in college that was early, nowadays, that is late!! We had a great time just talking and hanging out with everyone. I really didn't get very many pictures because I was too busy talking (shocker, I know!!)!




Sunday, Justin had a tournament so Tayson and I just hung out! We cleaned out the refrigerator. Or, I cleaned out the fridge, Tayson sat in the drawer! We also went to the park and had a picnic, played at the park, and went over to Grand and Papa's and played outside there too!! It was such a nice day that we just stayed outside almost all day!! I hope everyone enjoyed the awesome weather!! Have a good week!



14 comments:

Goldsworthy Family said...

YAY for pictures!!!! He is so stinkin' cute. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I love Harrison, I have family there also.
And what is it with men that they don't understand our need for "crap" in our vehicles????? I love that picture of Tayson with the stuffed animal on the Greens!!!

Robyn Beele said...

The picture of Tayson in the drawer is the cutest thing ever! It sounds like you had a great weekend.

Shelley said...

I love all of the pictures of Tayson. He is so cute. It looks like he will be a great golfer. I wish I could have been at the bachelorette party. We will have to have a "newlywed party" when I get back.

Jessica said...

If the lady standing behind the cake is 95...she looks great for her age. The pictures of Tayson in the draw is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean about staying out late!! Friday night we stayed out till 10:45 and I was like, "WHOA...what are we still doing awake?!?"

Goldsworthy Family said...

So Jett and Tayson are almost exactly 2 months apart. I sure wish we lived closer to each other! How fun would that be!?!
That is so great that you did the Race for the Cure. I usually do that one also. I love stuff like that!

The Hickmans said...

What a fun, busy weekend! Your grandma looks amazing! I love the golfing pictures- so cute. :)

"J" said...

Girl...
You did have a BUSY weekend! Sounds FUN though!!! =)

I love the pic of Lil "T" in the crisper! HE HE

HE is also tooooo cute with his golf club!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwww your great grandma is 95?!?! My Paw-Paw just had his 93rd b-day!!!

Kelly said...

Tayson makes an adorable golfer!
And I'm with you - the only place I'm "going" at 11 p.m. is to bed (if I'm not already there). ha!

Brittney said...

I'm the same way about keeping stuff in the car. David is always griping at me! You never know when you'll need it though! :) I love how he "helped" you clean out the fridge. Too cute!

aWare said...

I could totally see Harry loving the golf course with his plastic clubs! The LR trip sounds so fun, I may be calling for a family gettaway to LR! I am telling the stress of cleaning your house and knowing you have a million things to do is absent when you are in other towns! He does remind me of Harry! I love catching up on him! Did you see 3 Monkeys is having a super sale all of April?

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

I tried to comment on this last week, but it kept on kicking me off. Anyway, I understand all about your grandma....mine are the same way. Tayson is ADORABLE!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Those pictures of Tayson in the drawer are so, so cute!

Love your blog!

We always do Race for the Cure too!

Suz said...

Okay, so I was just reading thru some of your previous blogs and I just had to make a comment on this one! I LOVE the fact that your grandma still rakes her leaves at 95!!!! And her reasoning, because she doesn't want the neighbors to be mad! Priceless! She looks way good for 95! Keep up the raking Granny! It's keeping ya young!! :)