Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Day!

Since today is April Fools Day, I decided that I had to get Justin good. I knew he wouldn't believe I was pregnant if I called and told him because he knows I wouldn't call him to tell him that! So instead, I had to come up with another idea!! He is always joking with me about what a reckless driver I am and how I have had several little finder binders and speeding tickets. He has, knock on wood, only ever been in one wreck and it wasn't his fault! So, around lunch time today I called him and told him that I had rear-ended someone! He was at lunch with some people so he was really trying to keep his cool. He asked me how bad it was, to which I had to say it was pretty bad!! He asked if I was okay, which of course, I was! He asked if the cops came, and for my story, yes, they did!! I had to make it seem as bad as possible without anyone being injured!! He asked if I had called Matt yet (our insurance agent)?? I told him that Matt was at lunch! Then I asked him how much our insurance deductible was? Like he would know...but he said $500.00 (good thing I control the finances because it is $250.00). With the way he said $500.00, I knew it was time to tell him. I said, $500.00..well, I guess it's a good thing it's April Fools Day. The phone went silent, because he hung up on me!! When I called him back he was laughing because he had completely forgotten it was April Fools Day and once again, I had gotten him good!!!

9 comments:

"J" said...

GIRL....that cracks me up! My mom got me at work today along with all my co-workers! My mom had everyone in on it! She called me and I heard my best bud say Jeannie you have to get on the phone...it's your mom! I got on the phone and she said my brother just went and ask his "EX-GIRLFRIEND" to marry him! She said he bought a HUGE ring and she sounded so upset....the reason we would allllllllllllllll be upset is becaues the "EX" just broke up with my brother a week ago to go back with her VERY RICH EX-BOYFRIEND!!! YEP...it was all APRIL FOOLS ON ME! I was going to call my brother and let him have it....if that was all true!!!!!

So the joke was on me....thanks goodness!!!!

Nicole said...

OH MY!!! That is such a good one. Jerrame would have believed me on that one also. We have the same driving record, it sounds like. I didn't get him. I couldn't come up with anything good.

Kelly said...

Good job!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

thats great! my husband would have totally bought that too!!!

Jessica said...

That's a good one! I would have given it away by laughing.

Lauren said...

TOO funny... Yeah, my April Fools didn't go like planned!

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

Funny girl! I didn't try anything on Marcus....I kept waiting for him to do something to me.

Lauren said...

Absolutely not... I don't mind at all. I will add you too... If you don't mind! :)

Robyn Beele said...

Hello! I just found your blog from Kelly's. That April Fool's joke was too funny. I am glad your husband took it as well as he did. You little boy is adorable.