Monday, January 21, 2008

Lipstick and Sickness...

Monday morning, I was in the bathroom getting ready for work. Normally during this time, Tayson likes to take EVERYTHING out off the cabinets and play! Well, it was time to feed him breakfast and I started to walk out of the bathroom, headed for the kitchen. He normally would just crawl right along with me, as he started to this time. However, by the time I got into the living room, he was no longer following me. I went ahead and went into the kitchen, thinking that he probably had just gotten distracted by something. (Man was I right!) From the kitchen, I started getting his cereal ready and yelling...Tayson...Tayson...come in here. After about 30 seconds, I thought, he must be up to something. I walked into my bathroom to find him with lipstick! He had it everywhere!!! On his face, on both hands, on his clothes, all over the tile, all over the bathroom wall and all over the carpet in mommy and daddy's room! I was really frustrated but at the same time, it was hilarious to see him with lipstick all over him! I ran and grabbed the camera to take pictures, but of course, the battery died right when I turned it on. So, needless to say, we have a redish tint of lipstick all over the carpet in our bedroom. I had no idea how to get this out of the carpet, so I called our carpet cleaner and he is coming today at noon to clean the carpets and hope that it comes up! Has this ever happened to any of you? Do you have any tips for how to get lipstick out of the carpet? I have a feeling that this is just the first of many stains to come!

On another note, I feel really guilty because I think that I jinxed Tayson when I wrote the post about him being one. In the post, I made reference to the fact that he has never been sick. I should've known better than to brag about that!! On Tuesday morning at about 1:30, he woke up, throwing up. I think he threw up 6 or 7 times. We went through 2 sets of sheets and 5 sets of PJs for Tayson and mommy before the morning finally rolled around. I stayed home with him on Tuesday and he seemed to be feeling a little bit better. Then, when I put him to bed on Tuesday night, it started all over again. So...I stayed home with him on Wednesday too! I think he is finally starting to get over whatever little bug he has been fighting, thank goodness!!! It is so horrible to watch your little one be so sick and not know what to do for them. When they can't keep anything down, it really makes it tough. We just prayed everyday for God to help him get better and take that darn bug out of his belly!

3 comments:

The Hickmans said...

Oh my goodness! Isn't mommy-hood fun! I'm sure you're right, there will probably be a lot more stains to come. :) Isn't that just like a stinkin' camera to die right at a great photo op. I would have loved to see that picture!

Brittney said...

It's crazy how they entertain themselves in the weirdest ways. I found Brooklynn playing in the toilet, and she had the toilet brush in there as well (I guess she was cleaning it). Of course she thought it was the greatest thing in the world--and I put her straight in the bathtub! They have a way of keeping us on our toes!

Jessica said...

How funny! It is hard to be upset when they are so cute, isn't it? : ) Thanks for the comment on my blog today! Brandy Foshe did my background and header- she is a friend on my blogroll.