Monday, January 14, 2008

Taysons 1st Birthday Party!!!

Tayson's 1st birthday was a huge success!!! All of the fun started on Thursday night, when Aunt Jaclyn flew in from Atlanta. We went to pick her up and Tayson was so excited to have someone staying at our house with us. So excited, in fact, that he wouldn't go to bed! Don't you just love when they get off their normal routine, it seems like it takes forever to get them back on track!

On Friday, Aunt Jac watched Tayson while I worked. She took him to Toys R Us and Mondays Child. I think he loved getting to spend time with her because we only get to see her every three or four months. Then, they came and met me and we went to lunch with Justin's Aunt, Sally. Sally doesn't have any kids of her own so she tends to contribute to the spoiling! She bought Tayson LOTS of clothes, that I didn't even know they made for babies! Brands like True Religion, Joes Jeans, Burberry, Paul Frank, Juicy Couture, Ugg, etc. I am extremely appreciative and know that Tayson is so blessed to have so many people that love and care about him! I know that he will look like a little stud when we are out in public and he is wearing his designer clothes and mommy has on her Target shirt! ha ha...

On Friday night, Aunt Taylor came over and helped us get ready for the big party. We just hung out at home and put up decorations and waited for my best friend, Jessica, to get here from Dallas.

Saturday morning, Jessica and I took Tayson to Gymboree. Tayson and I go every Saturday but this was the first time that Jessica has gotten to come along and watch Tayson. She had so much fun watching him interact with all of the other babies in his class.


After Gymboree, we went and picked up the cake and balloons and got ready for everyone to come over! We had his party at our house. We had probably between 35 and 40 of our family and closest friends come over for dinner and help Tayson celebrate! Tayson loved having everyone around and trying to keep up with all of the other kids. He also LOVED his smash cake! My bathtub was all different colors by the time we got him cleaned up. He got lots of fun toys, including a mini 4-wheeler to ride around inside, a HUGE rocking fish (perfect for a bass fishermans son!) and a power dump truck. We have had LOTS of fun riding these around the house! Here are some pictures from the party, in no particular order...

























Tuesday was Tayson's actual birthday so I took the day off work. We went to lunch with Aunt Taylor, Grandma and Papa.

After that, we went and hung out with Aunt Taylor because she too, had taken the day off for Tayson's birthday. Tuesday night, everyone went to Chuck E. Cheese. Tayson LOVES Chuck E's!!! He has so much fun watching all of the little characters on stage and riding the rides for babies! All in all, I think this little Prince had a wonderful birthday and I just can't thank everyone enough for going above and beyond to make this such a special day!!! Here are some pics from our night at Chuck E. Cheese...




6 comments:

The Hickmans said...

He is sooo cute! It looks like you all had a great time- I am so glad that it was so special for him. :) Everything looked adorable...

A few questions: 1)Where did you get the smash cake? (I know you already told me, but I can't remember.)
2)Where did you get his "Birthday Boy" shirt that he's wearing at Chuckie Cheese?
3)Where did you find the blue crowns that were on the fireplace mantle?

Again, I am so glad that it went so well. You did an awesome job!

Brittney said...

It looks like he had a great birthday! I love the prince theme! Too cute! I didn't know they made those brands for baby either. I've never really been into name brand stuff--much too thrifty. However, if I find something name brand at a consignment sale, I snag it right up! I'm with you though--they don't wear the clothes long enough to spend that much! I'm sure they're adorable on him nonetheless!

Mandy said...

Amy: I got his smash cake at Shelby Lynn's on Emma in Springdale. I usually get everything from Ricks but a friend of mine told me that I should try Shelby Lynn's, so I did. I think they did a good job and it was cheaper than Ricks! I think you can get these at almost any bakery. He actually has a Birthday Boy and a Happy Birthday to me shirt, my mom got them for him at Macy's in Tulsa. The blue crowns were actually pink and purple crowns from Hobby Lobby that I spray painted. You are more than welcome to borrow them, if you want!

B said...

Where is Gymboree?

B said...

And we got Jordan's cakes from Shelby Lynns as well, I love them!! I get all my stuff from them now!

Kelly said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!
This is SUCH A cute 1st birthday party!!!! He is so cute!