Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Official!!!

Fishing season is upon us and once again, I have become a fisherman's widow!! If you are like me (or at least like I was) you are probably thinking, fishing?? Oh...the sport where you have a pole, usually a worm and you throw the worm into the water and hope something bites it!! Well, that is exactly how I thought of fishing until I married an AVID fisherman! Now I know more about fishing, fishing baits, rods, reels, boats, etc. than I could ever care to know!! I didn't know that fishing was a multi-million (maybe billion) dollar industry and that there are professional fishermen, like professional golfers, baseball players, basketball players, etc. But trust me my friends...It's true!!!

Justin loves to play golf too and I used to think that golf could get rather expensive, depending on where he was playing, how often he played, etc. but I am here to tell you, golf doesn't hold a candle to fishing (at least at our house). I think I could retire at about 35 if Justin only played golf and we saved the rest of what we spend on fishing!! (Just kidding :)....well, not really but I like to try and make myself think that I am)

Anyways, so Justin has been tournament bass fishing for, I believe, 6 years now!! However, this year he has switched circuits and is fishing a new club with a more intensive tournament schedule!! I know, I thought last year (and the year before and the year before...) that there was NO possible way this man could fish anymore than he already does! But it seems as if he has it all figured out. The old tournament schedule consisted of only ONE tournament per month and then he would fish several odd and end tournaments here and there. Oh ya, and then there is PRE FISHING!!! You can't win a tournament if you don't practice (ALL THE TIME), right? Well...this one has TWO tournaments per month and then I guarantee there will still be the odd and end tournaments as well!

So...that's where the term fisherman's widow comes in. It will be probably November before I spend a full weekend with my husband again (unless of course, we go on Vacation, he is sick, etc.) because he will be living on the lake!! I will be sure and post some random pictures because trust me, he gets an awesome tan, usually consisting of a really tan face and really white sunglasses mark!!

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy for him and LOVE that he has something he is so passionate about!! I also LOVE going to his weigh-ins and, hopefully :), watching him win some $$$!! But, I also love my husband and get tired of not seeing him very often!!!

So, we kicked off the beginning of fishing season by heading to Springfield this weekend, to go to Bass Pro. Well, I didn't go to Bass Pro, but Justin and Justin did!! Tayson, Cindy and I went to the mall for the day!! We had lots of fun shopping while the boys racked up at Bass Pro. Does anyone else have this problem...I specifically go out of town to shop and never find ANYTHING?? I think I bought like 4 things!! After shopping all day, we went and picked the boys up, went out to dinner and then drove home!!

Sunday morning, Justin, Tayson and I went out to breakfast and then headed to the park in Tontitown!! Tayson LOVES the park and it was such a nice day!! The only thing he didn't really like was that his overprotective mom made him wear a hat because it was so windy!! I tried to explain to him that it was much better to look silly in the 65 degree weather with a hat on, than it was to have an ear infection, but for some reason he just didn't understand!!






9 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahh! I love his glasses! How sassy! Isn't that park in Tonti Town great? I love Tonti Town. Any excuse to eat at Mama Z's! Ha! : )

RachelM said...

Kirk likes to fish but I am a Golf Widow!!! He is absolutely obsessed! I am used to it though because my dad is the exact same way!
I love Tayson's hat and shades. He looks so cool!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! Justin and my dad have always been like that. I guess he gets it from my Dad. Your stronger than I on that one, I don't have the patience for it. And if I ever decide to get married so help me God, he will not fish like that. I don't know how my mother deals with that one.

I hope everything is great in Arkansas. I here you guys are suppose to get some snow tonight.

Goldsworthy Family said...

I love that hat! Since I can't accessorize Jett with bows, I compensate with hats, caps, beanies, etc:) Tayson is such a cutie pie. I also love Tontitown. My cousin lives there and we visit often.

Brittney said...

My mom used to work at the bank right in front of that park so I went there all the time (of course it was a lot different when I was little). David is obsessed with hunting so I feel for you, but he can't win any money doing that! :) Thanks for your sweet comment about the wedding pictures. I felt a little pregnant in that dress, and I kept expecting someone to ask how far along I was! Ha!

B said...

I too am a stickler about a hat in windy weather--so don't worry you're not the only overprotective mom!

CAMoore said...

My dad is a HUGE Fly Fisherman. He goes to Montana with my brother sometimes and my mom has gotten to the point where she is like "I love when he leaves...I get to do whatever I want!" haha!
Love the pics of Tayson at the park! Wasn't this weekend weather great!!??

The Hickmans said...

Adorable pictures! We took Zayde to the park as well, and he also had to wear his hat. :)

"J" said...

I know how you feel...my dad and brother are CRAZY about fishing! They were fishing a tournament this weekend!!! =) They didn't win anything...boo-whoo but there is always next time and I'm sure that will be a few weeks away! Back in 2003 my brother won a tournament...he got a dodge quad cab truck and gave it to my dad!!! =) How sweet is that?!?!? We were all in tears!!! My brother had just bought a new truck and my dad drove an OLDER truck...it was GREAT!