Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The "Big" Debate and other ramblings of a mom!!!

Okay...it is widely known, my baby boy needs a haircut! He has really needed a haircut since before his 1st birthday but I kept telling myself that I had to wait until he turned one! Well, he was 13 months old on Friday and still no haircut!! Why? Probably because this crazy woman that he calls "Mama" can't seem to part with that baby hair! I am so on the fence about this. I guess I am really not ready to cut his hair because then he will be more of a "Big" boy!! I know that I am going to have to do it at some point so I guess I should just get it over with, but it still is REALLY hard! Has anyone else had such a hard time with the 1st haircut or am I just crazy??

On another note, I am going to go off on a little tangent here! You will probably not be able to side with me and/or fully understand where I am coming from with this, unless you have a child or have siblings/nieces/nephews or something of that nature!! Last night, Justin didn't really feel like cooking dinner so we decided that we would just go to Hunan Manor in Fayetteville and grab some Chinese food! Well, we live in Springdale, kind of out towards Tontitown so this was a little bit of a drive!

We get there, they ask us if it is just us two and the baby. We say yes, and they proceed to seat us at a table. Well, we wait around for a few minutes while they went to get us a high chair. He comes back and says that they do not have any high chairs! What??? A resturant does not have a high chair? So, I look around the place and in the entire resturant, there are 2 other babies using, apparantly, the only 2 high chairs they have!!! So, we had to leave and go somewhere else!

Is it just me, or should a resturant of that size (they have moved and have a much bigger resturant now) have more than 2 high chairs? I was telling Justin that to me, it wouldn't be all that unlikely for ONE family to come in and need 2 high chairs just for their kids!!

I was just so frustrated by this because they are in a service industry and this was not good service! Yes, Tayson does have a Bumbo but his "little" legs no longer fit in it, so I stopped taking it with us! I think that I might call them and let them know that you can purchase resturant style high chairs in the Lakeside catalog for only $19.99. I know this because my mom and dad have one that fits perfectly at their dining room table for our little Prince!

While I am going on about this, another thing that really frustrates me is going to a resturant that does not have a changing station in their restroom. Yes, I know that these things can be nasty, that is why I have a cover that I lay over it, but it is still so much better than NOT having one! I can't tell you the number of resturants in NWA that do not have these. You never know where you are going to be when nature calls and you need to change a diaper. I have had to take Tayson out to the car on numerous occasions to change his diaper! This is so frustrating!!

Okay, so I guess I should just be happy that I have a baby who needs a high chair and needs to have his diaper changed. I am VERY happy about those things and know that I am so truly blessed to have him in my life. But...it still frustrates me! :)

10 comments:

B said...

AMEN sister friend!!! I hear ya, I hate those same things!!! I haven't run into the high chair problem, but the changing table thing is SOOO irritating....but on the flip side, you know what I LOVE? When they have it in the MEN'S Restroom, that excites me!! Anyway, preach on, preach on!

Suz said...

That would be so frustrating! I'm not a mommy yet, but after reading that makes me want to call my fave restaraunts and tell them to get the high chair thing and diaper changing table fixed before I have that as an issue! That really would be such an inconvenience! You should call and tell them.. It can't hurt...

Brittney said...

I didn't have a problem trimming Brooklynn's hair at all that first time, but I've known a lot of moms with boys that do. Little boys are so cute when they get their first "man" haircut! I think that after you do it, you won't regret it at all. Just think--you can even use hair products on it for an actual "style". Haha! Oh, those things bug me too. A changing table is still better than the floor!

CAMoore said...

Mandy,

Hey girl! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my dress dilemia (did I spell that right?)

I feel like my blog is a little boring sometimes...so thanks for reading it! (makes me feel important) haha

RachelM said...

So glad you found me!!
We don't need a high chair yet but I do think it's ridiculous for Hunan to only have two! That is a big restaurant!
Also, I have noticed some restaurants not having changing tables and that's incredibly annoying!
I think we might live close to each other!!

aWare said...

I totally agree! We are beginning to cut all the "unfamily friendly" restaurants! Wanted to tell you that 3 monkeys is having there 75% off sale!

CAMoore said...

Hey!!! I think I am going to get that red dress and wear a little sweater over it. I dont have a baby bump yet, so the bow in the front can tie on me a lot tighter....

Kelly said...

You just never know all those things out there that you need until you really need them. I would probably never notice there weren't changing tables - but when I needed on - I would sure know.
I used to eat at the old Hunan Manor ALL THE TIME when i lived in f'ville. I haven't been there in years.

Jessica said...

That is so frustrating! It is like they treat families with children like a disability! I hate that! Grrrr...

aWare said...

I know this is random, but I googled Bailey Boys(I am selling some items on ebay) and your blog came up as one of the first links! WEIRD! What are the odds?