Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where do you shop?

I was reading a blog the other day that was talking about some great buys and it got me thinking...Where do you shop? I LOVE to shop, this is one of my biggest weaknesses!! I especially love to find a good sale. I don't mind paying full price for things, but to me, it is so much more fun when you find things that are either on sale, or are just a really good deal. I guess for me, it is the thrill of the hunt, more than anything else.

I love certain stores for certain things.

Home Decor:

I especially love TJ Maxx when it somes to home decor and things of that nature. I also love Hobby Lobby for this same thing. Hobby Lobby is so great about having things 50% off, which makes it such a bargin!! Kirklands is another awesome place for good stuff!!!

Clothes for Justin:

I would have to say for Justin's stuff, 70% of it comes from Express. He loves that store!! He also loves Banana! We sometimes find him stuff at Dillards, Old Navy, and places like that. This man is just PICKY!! As a general rule, he will not wear stripes. He likes solid colored shirts!! Occasionally I will find him a shirt that is a very subtle stripe that he is okay with. He will not wear regular Polo golf shirts. He thinks the material is too heavy. He will wear Polo shirts but they have to be the softer cotten ones. So normally, I get these at Express because they are one of the only places that carry these.

Clothes for Tayson:

For Tayson, I shop everywhere! Old Navy has great prices and good quality for babies. I also have gotten some cute stuff at places like Target, Kohls, Dillards, TJ Maxx, Baby Gap (he has a lot of stuff from there), Gymboree, Childrens Place, just wherever. I have a big weakness for things at local boutiques like 3 Monkeys and Monday's Child. However, I hate to spend so much money on things that he outgrows so quickly.

As I am sure you have read before, I am a huge fan of Robeez and now Pedipeds! I also like brands like Kelly's Kids and Bailey's Boys!

I am a freak about him being comfortable though!! During the day, he stays with my mom and dad and I always put him in some sort of little cotton, sweat suit or something along those lines. I usually only put him in jeans and things like that when we go out to eat or to somewhere like that. The way I look at it, he is crawling around and playing all day and I want him to be comfortable!! Another thing I am a big fan of for Tayson is Old Navy's PJs. They are 2 piece sets (pants and shirt) and they come in all kinds of prints. These are wonderful!! They seem to hold up very well and appear to be very comfy!!!

Clothes for myself:

Again, for me, I shop everywhere!! Target, Express, Gap, Banana, Dillards, TJ Maxx, JCPenney, Old Navy (they have cute stuff sometimes but I have trouble fitting into everything there!), Victoria Secret Catalog (they have some really cute clothes, I wish they sold them in the stores), Macy's, Kohls, just wherever I am when I find something I like!! I also love places like Mason's, Maca and fun little stores like that but I primarily only buy purses or jeans there because if I am going to spend that kind of money, I want it to be on something that I will use/wear over and over again!

I know that there are stores that I am forgetting about, probably ones that I go to all of the time!! I also know that this is a very random post but I love to consult with my friends and find out where they are shopping because you never know when someone might have a fun little place that you don't even know about!! So...Where do you shop?

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Ok i don't have any stores to add because Jerrame is so picky and weird shaped, and I love a bargain. Plus since he is working a labor type job now I don't like to spend 100 on jeans that he will mess up. I love express sales for him. I am a TJ MAXX FREAK!!!! I went today at lunch and got 4 dresses. Opps I can tell Jerrame is out of town because I tend to shop more. 3 Monkey's and Mondays child are great my nphew has a bunch of stuff from there. Have you been to Charlie's in Little Rock? They have a bunch of cute stuff also.

The Hickmans said...

Zack used to only wear American Eagle. But, that was when his mom bought his clothes. :) Now he LOVES Old Navy- 99% of his clothes are from Old Navy. I also love Old Navy! 80% of my clothes are from Old Navy- they are the ultimate bargain store. I always say, don't pay full price for it today, because it will be on sale tomorrow. The other 20% are hand-me-downs from one of my sister's friends who gets a whole new wardrobe EVERY season and gives me her barely worn clothes! For Zayde, I refuse to pay more than $5 for any piece of clothing for him. He will wear it a few times and then it will be too small! I shop at Old Navy, Once Upon A Child, Children's Place (they also have great sales) Wal-Mart, Salvation Army, and garage sales for him. I am SUCH a bargain shopper, I won't pay full price for ANYTHING!!

Nicole said...

Yes that is fine you can add me. I think we do work in the same line... I would love to talk with you about it. Your son is so cute by the way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your little boy is adorable and I love his name! If my husband saw his nursery he would DIE!! We already have a "razorback room"!! He is a HUGE razorback fan...and I am a fan as well. He actually asked me if there was anyway I could hold off on delivery if it was a game weekend!!! I asked him to please never ask me that again! I am also majorly lacking in the cooking department!!! I look forward to following your blog!

Brittney said...

I shop where the sales are. Most of the stores you mentioned don't even sound familiar! I guess I'm too cheap! :) My favorite place to shop for Brooklynn is 9 Months Later in Bethel Heights--they have cute maternity stuff also. I love boutique clothes for her, but I can't bring myself to spend that much. That's the main reason why I want to start sewing and learn to make dresses!

Jessica said...

I too love to shop! I'll pay about any amount of money for something if I want it bad enough. Ha! I love, love, love T.J. Maxx. I also love Banana Republic (preferably in Branson), J. Crew, Charlotte Russe, New York and Co., and Gap.

aWare said...

Mandy, I ran into your blog from Katie's comments! I am the clutz you met at 3 Monkeys! I have to say I am a bit suprised from you good deal comment b/c I was eyeing the little boy True Religions you had in hand! Just kidding...I know you have to splurge ever once and a while! I love all the places you listed too, I have to add I like to splurge at Bella Jacks!

"J" said...

For the House I shop at Kirklands...I love that store!!! Did you know you can sign up to get coupons via email???? I get them allllllllllllllllll the time!!! I also shop at Target, Wal-Mart and Marshalls!!!!

I like shopping at New York & Company for myself and Buckle (this is the ONLY place I will buy my jeans)!!!! I also shop at Old Navy, Kohl's, Target, Macy's, Dillards and on and on and on.....

Mr. "S" is easy to shop for...Old Navy, Target, Kohl's, Buckle, gap, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc.......

For the lake house we have been working on we shop at HOME DEPOT & LOWES! Our 2 fav stores!!! lol

That was a fun post!!!

"J" said...

We went to Lake Charles this weekend...I lost like $80 and Mr. "S" won like $500 =) Good fo rhim...huh? Sad for me...lol!!! I didn't do so good on the slots! We enjoyed playing roulette...I've played before...it was Mr. "S" first time on roulette and he was hitting BIG!!!! =)

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

I shop at the same home decor stores. My husband is also the pickiest dresser alive. He has to buy big and tall stuff, but he only buys the expensive stuff. He will spend $80 on a tie...A TIE! He's a lawyer, though, so I guess it is justifiable!