Monday, February 4, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

I can't believe it is Monday already!! Everyone in our house has been sick for the last week so we were ready to get out of the house this weekend and man it flew by! Saturday night Justin and I had a little double date with our friends, Ryan and Amber. We went to the new Shogun in Fayetteville and then we went to the movies. We originally had this planned for the weekend before but we were all sick so we had to reschedule. I say this was a date night, but actually Amber and I went and saw 27 Dresses and the guys went and saw the new Rambo movie. We loved our movie! For those of you that have seen this, I now love the song "Bennie and the Jetts!" I liked this song before but seeing them dance on the bar and have such a good time singing this, makes this song so much more fun. My parents watched Tayson and he had lots of fun there, as he always does!

On Sunday, we took a little family trip to Sams! I really don't let Justin go to the grocery store with me very often because he thinks that we need to purchase one of everything and it takes FOREVER!! However, I try and let him go to Sams with me once every 2 months or so, since he does do the cooking. Well, this trip was no exception. After him picking out steaks for OVER 15 minutes (no exageration), I was ready to go. When we went home, the boys decided that they needed a nap. I probably did too but I decided to work on filing our taxes instead! I know they say that you should try to rest and relax when your baby is sleeping but I have such a bad habbit of using that time to try and catch up on other things I need to do.

This year for the Super Bowl, we went over to The Pecks House. This consisted of the girls hanging out in Kaid's bedroom while the kids played with his toys and the guys watching the big game. Honestly, I don't think I even watched one full commercial. I was too busy trying to keep up with Tayson who was busy trying to explore new things!! Tayson had so much fun playing with Lynn's little boy, Colin! Hopefully Colin will come over soon to play with Tayson at our house!!







I was feeling a little domestic yesterday morning so I decided I would make cupcakes to take over there. I think they turned out pretty cute and they tasted even better!!

6 comments:

The Hickmans said...

It looks like you all had a fun weekend! I've been wondering why you haven't posted in a while- I'm glad that you are all feeling better. Those cupcakes are ADORABLE!

Jessica said...

I think we may have the same headboard!

Brittney said...

Cute cupcakes!!! We just got DISH and Fox was out for the first 2 hours of the game! It was crazy. I don't really care about the game, but I love the commercials! I think I saw 2!

"J" said...

Okay I want Justin to go to the grocery store with me...lol...I'm a slow shopper and I like to check out new products...lol! Mr. "S" wants to RUN me through the store like a mad woman!!! lol I will be looking at something...look up and he will be gone with the basket! I'll walk around to find him 2 isles down!!! =)

The cupcakes were CUTE!!! =)

You have a very beautiful family!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh - those cupcakes are SOOOO cute!

Kelly said...

I just saw Jessica's comment and had to go back and look - because we have the same bed as her and apparently the same as you! ha!