Monday, March 30, 2009

Tristin Blain Hathorn

I know you guys have been waiting for some pictures and I promise, there are some in this post! I thought I would share the story of Tristin's arrival first. On Thursday, I worked all day and actually didn't feel any different. For the past few days, I had been feeling like he could come any day, but Thursday was just another one of those days. I got off work at about 5:30 and picked Tayson up, we went home and got Justin and went and ate Mexican food. I was feeling fine and not really having any contractions so I went to bed around 11, thinking that it for sure wasn't going to be tonight because I hadn't had any contractions at all! Boy was I wrong!! At 11:50 P.M, I woke up to this really warm, wet sensation and I said, "Justin, get me a towel, I think my water just broke!" He just laid there, I think he was trying to process what I had just said. Finally, I said "Justin, I'm not kidding!" He got up and got me a towel and I got up and went into the bathroom. I sat on the toilet (sorry if this is too much info!) and he came in the bathroom and said, "Are you sure you didn't just pee in your pants?" I said, "no, I'm not sure" (if you've been pregnant before, you know that there are times you feel as if you could pee in your pants at any minute). After a few minutes though, I got another big gush of "water" and realized that this for sure was not me peeing my pants. Justin put all of our bags and stuff in the car and I changed clothes and called my mom. We got to the hospital around 12:30 and my mom and sisters met us there. My youngest sister, Ally, took Tayson back home to go back to bed with my dad. They put me in triage to get me admitted and get everything going. It was really weird because before my water broke, I was having no contractions but once it broke, they started coming pretty fast! They checked me and I was dilated to a 5 already. They hurried and got me into a room because I wanted an epidural and things were progressing really quickly. I got into a room around 1:15 and the anaesthesiologist came in around 2:30 and gave me my epidural (thank God!!). At this point I was dilated to almost 7 and we all thought for sure that Tristin would be here before 5 A.M. My sister Ally came back and my mother-in-law showed up so the 6 of us hung out and waited me to fully dilate. Around 4:30 the nurse checked me again and I was fully dilated. However, Tristin was still pretty high and was turned funny so the propped me up on my side and told me to lay like that for awhile to try and get him to turn. They finally decided at 7:00 that it was time to deliver! This was wonderful with me because my doctor, Dr. Hix, came on call at 7:00 so this meant that he was going to get to deliver Tristin! He came in around 7:10 and said that he needed to go tell another patient that he was about to do a c-section on, that he was going to have to push them back a little bit. Knowing that Brittney was coming in that morning to have a c-section and deliver baby Trail, I said...it isn't Brittney that you are moving back, is it? He laughed and said, "Ya, actually it is". I told him not to tell her that I was the reason she was being delayed! Sorry Brittney!! I do think it is really neat that our little guys share the same birthday, same doctor, same hospital, everything!! Dr. Hix came back in the room around 7:15 and I began pushing. This went really well and my sweet little angel was here at 7:30. He is such a wonderful baby and I am so grateful that he is so healthy and we are both doing so well!! He did have a little heart murmur but it healed itself before we were discharged from the hospital on Saturday.

Finally...some pictures!!








Tayson loving on Tristin! This definitely took some encouraging. Tayson didn't want anything to do with Tristin the first time that my parents brought him up to the hospital but he has definitely warmed up and now is pretty protective of him. Please excuse how rough Justin and I look, that happens when you stay up all night in labor!





Tayson and Tristin loving on Papa!

Cuddling with Tata (Aunt Taylor)!

Loving on Meme!

Hanging out with Yaya (Aunt Ally). Tayson named her Yaya!

All ready to go home from the hospital...

13 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Congratulations!!! What precious pictures! I'm sure y'all are tired, and adjusting to life with 2 kiddos! It gets easier soon!

(I love that brown blanket--Clara has one just like it!)

Jennifer T said...

such a great story...i found myself very concentrated as i read this...with nick and i planning to get prego soon, i am so interested in every little detail!! haha...i am scared to DEATH of the epideral!! oh it just freaks me out! anyways, congrats on another beautiful baby boy =) btw, you looked great in those pics! when my day comes then you can see how bad it can really be!! haha!

Nicole said...

He is soo cute. I should have come and seen you when I went to see Brit. I am glad that everything went well.

Amber said...

Too Cute! Now I can post some pics I have...I was waiting on you b/c I didn't want to be the first to post pics of your new son! hehe

Brittney said...

He is precious! I'm glad he got to deliver BOTH of our babies. It's funny what a small world it is. I thought we might run into eachother, but I'm sure I ended up staying longer (left Sunday). We'll have to get the little boys together sometime!

Jessica said...

He is gorgeous!!

Suz said...

Oh my goodness, he is PRECIOUS!!! And wow, you look amazing in your pics!!! I am so happy the delivery went so well! What a perfect little family! :)

CAMoore said...

he is precious!!! and you look great!!!!

congrats!!!

Shelley said...

Awww! He is adorable!! (You looked great. Couldn't tell you had been up all night.) I am sure Tayson will be a great big brother and teach Tristin all kinds of fun stuff. Congratulations on your beautiful and healthy baby.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! You have such a precious family. Let the fun begin;)
By the way, you all look great!!

Goldsworthy Family said...

Oh my goodness, he is so precious! I love the matching Bro's shirts too!! I can't wait to see more pic's. You look great by the way! I think I purposely hid all of the pictures of me in the hospital after I had Jett. They were terrifying!

The Hickmans said...

He is such a beautiful baby!! I'm finally back to blog land, so I'm playing catch up. Glad to see you all are doing well. Congratulations!

Lyndsay said...

So cute!!! Isn't it wonderful having two boys. I love every minute. They are such balls of energy. Tristin has the same brown blanket as my second son Jack. I love those blankets. I wish they made them in King size.